Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Baking :)

It's been a little bit since I last posted. Lately I've been in the baking mood...pretty heavily. Tonight I baked sugar cookies, butterscotch oddies, white chocolate/macadamia nut cookies and dinner rolls. Whew! ...AND i cleaned up the mess I made, haha. Last time (Friday and Sunday of this last weekend) I ended up making a bunch of goodie plates for everybody because that is just WAY too many sweets in a household of three. You would think Chloe would enjoy it but she actually isn't big on baked goods. She will help me make the mess though. It wasn't until just recently that I have discovered two soft spots for baked goods. ...Not brownies, not cake, not pie, not chocolate chip, etc. but Amish Cinnamon Bread and good old fashioned Sugar Cookies! Or at least this particular recipe of sugar cookies. I was pretty shocked to hear her ask for more because 90 % of the time she doesn't even want to touch them. Sounds strange for a child to say no to cookies and brownies regularly...but it's a big bonus for health! However, it isn't the same with candy...she will go through any candy given her in 2 seconds flat!

Saturday we were in Sedalia all day. It's a three hour trip up there and another three hours back. Don't particularly enjoy the long drive. We got up early and got home late. We were up there to meet with one of my husband's students who has a little gym set up for training students of his own. He has decided to try and develop his own style and asked for my husband's blessing so to speak. Well he gave him his blessing and is now in the process of trying to help him organize it. It was a pretty long day of Martial Arts. Chloe had fun running through mats, rolling, jump roping etc. She ended up finding a hacky sack and decided we were going to play hide and seek with it, lol :) It was a good day up there, the people are nice but I am always glad to be back home.

The next day I went back to my baking. It wasn't until late in the afternoon that I got on the computer and seen that I had emails from Mark & Yvon. They were hoping to Skype Sunday morning with me but unfortunately it did not work out because I checked my e-mail too late :( Sorry guys! They are just super sweet and understood perfectly fine but I really wish I had checked my e-mail when I woke up Sunday morning or even before I went to bed Saturday night. Usually I check my e-mail at least once a day but Saturday turned into one of those rare exceptions. You can bet I won't go a day without checking my email again!

My niece has a third tooth that has broken the gum line :) She is just too cute!

Well, until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment