Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hey! I figured it was time to update my blog!

Last weekend was the Seneca Bike Show. The American Legion Riders put it together as their yearly fund raiser. Rocky held an MMA Exhibition there for free to help draw in more people and I helped with setup and ran the registration table all morning. The food there was awesomely deliscious! I was also able to ride the motorcycle simulator which was pretty cool. Before we left I handed out trophies to the winners of each class.

I've also been helping my sister make up invitations for her daughter's 1st birthday as well as her college graduation party. I drew up the designs and I think they turned out really well. Just finished them up last night. See?!




I found out that my little brother Matt got his first tattoo about 3 weeks ago. He found a good tattoo artist because the work looks great! It's a skull with a latin script below it. The translation is a little morbid but he's happy with it and as a Marine Machine Gunner...it actually fits him and is completely relevant to what he does right now. It means: Your Death is My Life

Here's a photo from his Facebook Page:



It's nice to finally have a warm weekend, we were able to ride the motorcycle into Seneca today for our ALR meeting. It was a nice ride. I'm just hoping the weather stays. Last year around this time the farmers already had their crops planted, not this year. They have to wait for the ground to dry up a bit after all that heavy rainfall. At least we don't have to worry about a drought!

Last week I had heard that a position had opened up in the Cabinet Office at Koch & Company. (same company I already work for but it would be off the floor) So I thought I would check into it. Betsy, the one who does the hiring, surprised me by stopping by my work area to talk to me about it. They had already given the job to a woman who had 10 years of service in with company but she wanted to know if I was seriously interested in an office position. I told her that I was. So she told me that this summer when business picks up again they are looking at bringing in another person and that she would keep me in mind. She filled me in on all the little details regarding the position to...then we discussed sisters, lol. Time will tell but it sounded promising, I always liked the idea of having an office job.

As far as the surrogacy journey goes, I enjoy talking to my IP's whether it is e-mail or Skype. Skype still takes some getting used to because you see your face on the screen to, lol. I know they are tired of all the paperwork that they are bombarded with right now. Especially when it comes to legal documents. I can only imagine how frustrating and confusing it can be to read a legal document in a secondary language when such things can be confusing enough in your primary language! I would have to agree with Mark, it is much more fun to talk about babies than paperwork! :) They already have a name picked out for the baby if it turns out to be girl, but I am afraid I would spell it wrong so I am not even going to try! My husband and I predict that it will be a girl, it might be early for such a prediction, but we catch ourselves referring to the child as 'she' or 'her' all the time! So if I ever use those terms in regards to the child to be...you know why ahead of time.

At this point I am still waiting for NEFI to call me and set up a medical screening date, but you know what they say: all good things take time! :)

Well, will close for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment